An evening at the movies together ended in the hospital for two women, as well as for an employee of the cinema, in Omaha, a city in the US state of Nebraska.
Nebraska, US. The 41-year-old and the 51-year-old each ordered a schnapps at the cash register and got it, at least that’s what visitors and the employee on duty assumed. A few minutes later, the victims complained of shortness of breath and a burning sensation in their throats and stomachs, whereupon the boss called the emergency doctor and they were admitted to hospital.
All three were examined and released the same day. Meanwhile, the police were also informed, thanks to whose help the situation was quickly resolved.
The supposed liqueur was cleaning products, which were filled into the bottle and were too close to the counter, so that the employee in the rush unknowingly reached for this bottle. A tragic mix-up and an accident that now has its consequences for the cinema and the employee. The colleague who poured the cleaning agent into the liquor bottle, albeit without malicious intent, was identified and fired.
The head of the cinema announced comprehensive staff training in the near future, so that no accidents of such causes occur again. Furthermore, the local authority is considering whether the cinema may continue to serve liquor or whether this aspect must be discontinued.